3.26.2008

a new family record


Some of you may remember the giant snowman that the Palmer's and Leach's built a few years ago. I asked Brad how tall their Michigan record sized snowman was and he said just under 10 feet. Well, I am here to announce that if they built the largest snowman in Michigan history, than we built Wisconsin's biggest snowman ever this past weekend. Over Easter weekend I was in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, with Heather and her family. On Good Friday it snowed about 14 inches and so Saturday we decided to try and break the Palmer family snowman record. After about 3 hours of hard work and a lot of fun, Heather, her younger brother Caleb, her little sister Emma, and I stood proud next to our 10 foot 1 inch snowman. We named him Mordecai the Great and put a number 4 on his chest in honor of Brett Favre. For the last hour or so of our project we had to pull two of the cars out in the street and shine the headlights on our work in order to see. It was so much fun and definitely one of the highlights of our fun filled weekend. Not many families can say they have the record for tallest snowmen in two different states. I must admit there was a little bit of competitiveness juice flowing out of me while I was building and trying to beat the cousins. Thanks for the motivation guys.

2 comments:

Doug Clay said...

I don't remembering covering this subject in the customized internship.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm? That snowman does look big, but I'm thinking the original may have actually been 10'2"! Judge for yourself: http://bradleach.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/snowman_002_2.jpg

Way to go cuz. I'm proud to see you carrying on the family tradition:)