5.29.2008

the big 56


Dad just wanted to say happy birthday to my favorite dad in the whole world. I cannot believe you are already 56...where has all the time gone. I feel like it was just yesterday you were a student at CBC running around wildly with mom. Although my memories are quite foggy I still cannot believe it was just over 30 years ago you were a young church planter in Athens, Ohio.

Well, let's just say that the past couple decades of your young life are quite a bit more clear to me. I can remember when you were in your forties and we would play catch in the church parking lot before JBQ practice. I can remember when you turned fifty because that was my first year of driving by myself. The last several years have been extra special because as I am nearing the end of college and about to embark on the next chapter of my life, the early years of your ministry have become so much more real to me. Thanks for all of the memories over the last 21 years and 11 months. You have lived an outstanding 56 years and I hope my next 44 years are as meaningful as yours. I love you dad. You are da' man!

No comments: